The upcoming RBANA Hume Poetry Writing Competition has been officially started and submissions must be made by April 1st. Please see the attached rules and break out the pen and parchment!!
2021 Jack Hume Poetry Contest information page
The Jack Hume Heather & Thistle Trophy, is awarded annually for writing poetry in the style of Robert Burns. Jack Hume, who passed away a year ago, was the founder of the H&T Burns Club and a staunch supporter of RBANA. 2021 is the sixth year of the annual competition for the trophy he presented. Entries are invited under the following rules and conditions, which also can be accessed as a PDF in the title above:
• Poems submitted must be original, and not previously published.
• Only RBANA members in good standing are eligible to win the trophy.
• Entries from non-RBANA members will be judged by the panel but are not eligible to win the trophy.
• The winner will be chosen by a three-member panel comprising Professor Carol McGuirk, RBWF representative Willie Gibson, and 2020 Hume Trophy winner Jim McLaughlin of the Calgary Club, AB.
• Entries will be submitted to the panel anonymously, and the panel’s decision will be final.
• The winner will be announced in the Summer Edition of the Tattler in lieu of the cancelled RBANA Conference.
• The winner does not need to be present. The trophy will be mailed to the winner if not present.
• This trophy will be awarded annually. The winner is responsible for returning the trophy to the RBANA Secretary or President prior to the following year’s competition.
• Entries should be submitted by email to RBANA President, Henry Cairney: email@example.com
• The deadline for entries is April 30, 2021.